SUMMER TRAINING IN THE TECHNICAL ARTS
Summer Job Training for Youth is an 8-week program designed to increase the employment capabilities of inner-city youth ages 16-21 equipping them with skills that will enable them to have a career in the technical theater arts. Student employees are also trained in job search skills, including resume development, interviewing skills and other necessary competencies to successfully obtain employment.
- Explore areas of theater production including; set design and construction, lighting, costume design and stage management.
- Create, produce and market their own script to be performed on the stage of the Black Ensemble Theater.
- Perform, and film an on-camera project which will be featured in the culminating show.
We would like to thank the following supporters for making this valuable program possible.
- Alphawood Foundation
- Caerus Foundation
- Illinois Arts Council
- Ivanhoe Theater Foundation
- Joyce Foundation
- Leo S. Guthman Foundation
- Shirley & David Sykes Family Foundation
For more information contact Gwen Sea at 773-754-3912 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.