Work at BE
Black Ensemble Theater is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following:
- Technical Director
The Black Ensemble Theater seeks a Technical Director for its upcoming productions.
-Manage Day to day operations in scene shop
-Coordinating with the Production Manager in scheduling and managing scenic load-ins, instillation, and strike
-Attend tech rehearsals and production meetings as needed
-maintain personnel to build scenic elements for all performances
-Oversee maintenance of the shop
-Manage hiring of staff for building, and striking productions
-Manage and schedule all scene shop duties on a daily basis and report to Production Manager
All candidates must possess:
-extensive carpentry experience
-well versed in CAD and other scenic programs
-Must be able to manage an active scene shop
Please email resume’s and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on this page.
ABSOLUTELY NO CALLS!!!!
- Box Office Staff
Creates a welcome environment for Customers. Candidates should have experience working with the public and have strong organizational, and communication skills; excellent with multi- tasking and trouble- shooting, box office or other theatre experience helpful. This is a part-time hourly position that requires weekday evening and weekend availability.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Greets Customers and visitors in a professional manner.
- Provide general theatre information.
- Enters ticket sale, accepts payment, processes transaction, and makes correct change.
- Processes refunds when necessary and completes any required forms.
- Answers telephone in a professional manner.
- Keeps box office area clean and clutter-free.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to calmly troubleshoot and problem-solve is a must.
- Available to work evening hours, weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
- Ability to speak clearly and hear adequately.
- Must be computer literate for digital ticketing equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accurate cash handling and math skills.
Please fill out this form to be considered.