Work at BE Theater
Job Title: Box Office Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Marketing Director
Status: Hourly & Contractual
THE BLACK ENSEMBLE THEATER’S MISSION
To eradicate racism and its damaging effects upon our society through the utilization of theater arts.
BE is the only theater in the nation whose mission is to eradicate racism. We utilize theater and educational outreach programs to bring people together in a community that fosters dialogue, respects differences while ultimately embracing and honoring our sameness as human beings.
The Box Office Customer Service Representative position provides customer service, cash handling, and ticketing services in our centralized box office. The Customer Service Representative is one of a team on the front line interacting daily with our patrons and providing for their needs. This is a part time position requiring evening and weekend shifts.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assist customers with purchase
- Resolve customer conflicts with guidance from
- Maintain knowledge of items currently available to
- Understand and relate purchasing policies to
- Collect complete and accurate data from
- Process phone and in person orders using Ovation TIX system.
- Provide feedback in regard to customer entertainment preference and purchasing habits.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and reconcile daily
- Maintain a positive attitude and a genuine interest in helping
- Work regular weekly shifts, including days, weekends and evening as
- Assist with incoming and outgoing customer
- Ascertain and resolve customer concerns, requests, and/or complaints in a timely, courteous and informed
- Contribute to the environment of the box office in a manner that is conducive to customer service, sales promotion, safety, and quality of work
- Maintain quality database entry practices when completing regular database maintenance
- Assist with night of show walk up sales and will call
- Troubleshoot night of show customer issues in a professional
- Perform other duties as
- Directing and screening calls to appropriate administrative staff
- Delivering small packages to appropriate administrative staff offices.
- Monitoring who comes in and out of the lobby during weekdays.
- Customer service experience, preferably in the ticketing, entertainment, non-profit arts or hospitality
- Strong written and verbal
- Skill using computer software programs including point of sale systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ticketing systems, especially OvationTIX, a plus
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures, and fiscal responsibility, including PCI compliance.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with customers and interact via telephone and in person with
- Dependability, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Possess high standards of integrity, credibility, and
- Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and
- Passion for and/or experience in the performing
- Highly motivated self-starter, a hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in assisting customers and
- Ability to exercise good judgment in carrying out established policies and procedures.
- Personable, self-motivated, a self-starter, reliable, and a team player.
- Attention to detail
- Friday 4pm-9p, Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-4pm
- Potential weekday swing shifts
- Starting rate 15 dollars an hour
Apply at the form below.