Work at BE Theater
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Reports To: Senior Marketing Manager
Status: Exempt, Salaried
THE BLACK ENSEMBLE THEATER’S MISSION
To eradicate racism and its damaging effects upon our society through the utilization of theater arts.
BE is the only theater in the nation whose mission is to eradicate racism. We utilize theater and educational outreach programs to bring people together in a community that fosters dialogue, respects differences while ultimately embracing and honoring our sameness as human beings.
Black Ensemble Theater is looking to hire a full-time graphic designer that will take a creative leadership role in the design and development of all digital and print collateral for our theatrical productions, educational outreach programs, website, advertising, events, social media and other tasks affiliated with Black Ensemble. This position works collaboratively with the department head, marketing team and all departments team across various mediums to realize a final product that effectively tells Black Ensemble’s story and vividly enhances our overall visual brand.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Create event-specific campaigns across multiple platforms, including print advertisements, digital advertisements, mailers, brochures, signage, invitations, promotional items, social media, e-blasts, GIFs, and web pages in various sizes.
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction and then use creativity and imagination to develop original creative artwork
- Develop conceptual sketches, visual mock-ups + storyboards to effectively communicate design ideas to stakeholders
- Keeps an up-to-date education with all related technologies, trends and developments within the graphic design/multimedia world
- Performs related duties as required.
- Minimum 4+ years of professional design experience or any similar combination of education and experience. Preference for experience as a graphic designer or art director in a marketing-oriented position
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional design aesthetic across graphic and art direction in communication collateral
- A strong portfolio demonstrating excellent composition, illustration, typography, and layout skills.
- HTML, CSS and other relevant web design experience
- Working knowledge of video editing and animation software (Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects)
- Photography skills desired, including knowledge of studio lighting, equipment needs, etc.
- Experience retouching images for both digital and print
- Strong working knowledge of printing, publishing and/or graphics design procedures and related computer software.
- Experience managing a budget and the ability to work with a variety of projects and vendors simultaneously.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Creative thinking
- Customer Focus
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Performs most duties in a standard office environment.
Apply at the form below.