Work at BE Theater
TITLE – Security Officer
ORGANIZATION – The Black Ensemble Theater
LOCATION – Chicago, IL
REPORTS TO – Facilities Manager
THE BLACK ENSEMBLE THEATER’S MISSION
To eradicate racism and its damaging effects upon our society through the utilization of theater arts.
BE is the only theater in the nation whose mission is to eradicate racism. We utilize theater and educational outreach programs to bring people together in a community that fosters dialogue, respects differences while ultimately embracing and honoring our sameness as human beings.
The Security Officer position is responsible for ensuring the protection of the guest of the Black Ensemble Theater, employees, artists, facility and is primarily show based. Concurrent with ensuring a safe environment, this position provides excellent internal and external customer service.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides security for theater, public spaces, studios, meeting rooms, offices, storage areas, traffic corridors.
- Is vigilant to maintain situational awareness at all times to mitigate vulnerabilities, and prevent persons from removing, vandalizing, stealing, or destroying theater property.
- Observes changes of any kind; promptly reports inconsistencies and potentially harmful conditions such as environmental effects (water leak, humidity, temperature, condensation, etc.) to the Facilities Manager.
- Understands and executes Security’s standard operating procedures and special orders.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance, administers first aid and records details of visitor incidents as needed.
- Internal and external customer service:
- Respectfully remind/inform visitors of rules, regulations, and proper conduct while in the theater.
- Provides visitors information on the Theater, its programs, and activities.
- Uphold the Theater’s commitment to inclusivity and accessibility.
- Maintains a team-oriented attitude.
- Some training in security and/or safety is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently.
- Dependability, flexibility, and adaptability, in a dynamically moving and event-driven environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in carrying out established policies and procedures for security and safety of people, property, and theater facilities in a consistent manner.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate verbally, and with appropriate body language.
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner.
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift.
- Most often, work is inside, in a climate-controlled environment with light background noise. Shift times may vary to meet the theater’s requirement to staff the facilities during open hours and to staff private events.
- Work requires long periods of sustained standing.
- Speaking/Hearing: Clear dictation is required for activities which demand detailed or important instructions spoken to others accurately, clearly, or quickly. Adequate hearing is necessary for effective communication with visitors.
- Stooping/Kneeling: The ability to stoop and kneel is necessary for performing inspections.
- Reaching/Handling: Good manual dexterity is necessary for radio use and handling of keys and doors.
Apply at the form below.